Open the “Return Item Process” window:
*The process to get to the “Return Item Process” window is the same for each type of part return.
- Create a new parts invoice.
- Then enter the part and do a negative 1 for the Sold column, and press Tab.
– A “Return Item Process” window will appear for you to select the reason you are returning the part. (See Step 2)
- Set the Relieved to -1 to put the temporarily back into Inventory.
This will increase your inventory by 1 for this part. Then create your Receiving ticket that will send the part back to the supplier, with a negative 1 Qty Received. That Receiving ticket will remove the part from inventory. When you receive the part back from the supplier, create a new receiving ticket to place it back into your inventory.
- Return the part to the supplier
There are three options to consider when returning a part to a supplier.
- Returning the part to the supplier for a replacement part.
- Returning the part to the supplier to get a credit.
- Returning the part to the supplier, but not getting a credit.
*The Return Item Process window will change to:
**The supplier’s shipping information will default to the “Return To Entity Information”