Once a Service Order has been completed and submitted, you can apply the warranty credit from the Parts and Service module by clicking on “(405) Warranty Credit” on the side menu or from the Accounting Module by clicking on “(02) Warranty Credit” on the side menu.
The Warranty Credit screen pops up.
- Click Add at the bottom. Enter a reference number. This can be check number received by the Warranty company. The choice is up to you.
- Choose the Warranty company by clicking the three dots. A new screen opens where you will make your selection.
- Click the drop-down to select the clearing account. Once you choose a clearing account, the same clearing account will automatically populate here.
- Enter the amount of the check received from the Warranty company. This may cover all or part of the total.
- Click on the first field to choose which claim(s) this check pays. The GLs will fill in.
As long as the Warranty Credit is in balance, click Save and Mark as Completed. This completes processing payment(s) received for a Warranty Credits.